Steven Henkind will be running a five day ACA L3 Instructor Certification Workshop from Wednesday Dec 4 - Sunday Dec 8, in the Tampa area. Dale Williams (the legend/Level 5 ITE) will be participating/providing oversight, as well. Due to a last minute scheduling conflict, one of the participants (possibly two) has had to drop out. We would like to fill these one or two spots.
The primary emphasis of this event is on developing proficiency in non-flat water (i.e., waves, a bit of current, etc.). Significant time will be spent on strokes, rescues, towing, navigation and safety. Accordingly, this training will be of value, even if you are not specifically interested in becoming an ACA Instructor.
A bit of additional information for your consideration:
1) There is a charge for this event (in order to cover expenses)
2) This event is open ONLY to strong intermediate, and above, paddlers. In specific, comfort and proficiency in L3 conditions (up to 2 ft waves, small surf launches and landings, and rough water rescues).
3) A roll is required in order to pass at the L3 level, but not to pass at the L2 level.
4) Advanced strokes including a bow rudder, and hanging draw will be required in order to pass at the L3 level (but not at the L2 level).
5) Certification is NOT guaranteed - it is earned by meeting the ACA criteria.
6) ) However, at very least, an outstanding training opportunity is guaranteed for those who do participate.
Please contact Steve Henkind, ASAP in order to discuss specifics. He can be reached either via phone (914-420-1615) or his email (firstname.lastname@example.org).